TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Do I really need to know all this????

Facts:

1428 -
The year Vlad Tepes was born (the real rumanian prince who inspired Bram Stoker's Dracula).

5567133 -
The first telephone of the house where I lived as a kid.

If attacked by a crocrodile, try hitting/biting them in the eyes -
(zebras do and, if not always, sometimes they get away (alive) with it)

If in tigers territory, try wearing a mask on backwards or a mirror like device on your back -
Weird as it might seems, apparently tigers don't like to take a bite out of beings looking straight at them, nor looking at their own scary reflections.

Gordon Mathew Summers-
Sting's real name.

Ali Agca -
the turkish guy who shot Pope John Paul II in 1981

Pete Malloy-
The police officer character of old Adam-12 TV series

Harding, Coolidge and Hoover -
American Presidents between 1921 and 1933

11.000 meters deep -
The Mariana Island Trench. Supposedly, the deepest place of our little planet.

Riverdale -
The place where Archie's Comic Books' characters live

Reason for posting this... Just a random display of useless information stored in my brain and which had been absolutely irrelevant to my life for at least -sometimes even longer- twenty years...
The weird thing about all of this is that I can recall any of these facts in fractions of a second, but sometimes cannot even remember what is it that my girl asked me for whe she calls me on the phone, tells me to stop by a chinese restaurant on the way back home and bring some delicious food for dinner... (and I just hate it when I have to make one of those "err, honey..er, you know... er you wanted that spicy chicken, right? ah, yeah, yeah, duck,, yeah,,, that's what I meanT!!!" sort of humiliating calls)...
It's not that I have a bad memory (not bad at all, I think)... But I just don't get why sometimes our hard-drive acts is such a bizarre way...
I would gladly delete some of my rubbish files (and believe me, there is PLENTY!!! of them) and just get some free-space that, if not meant to improve my memory, at least would enhance the data processing input and output operations...

What the hell,
Life is just plain weird I guess

4 Comments:

Blogger dbdoberman said...

great post! my brain works exactly the same, and it can be a real pain at times.

hey, those aren't totally useless facts, I saw a couple that really might come in handy for me ;)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

dbdoberman...
If the facts that might be useful to you are the ones about tigers and crocrodiles, I still recommend you better don'try them...
We don't want to miss your pots and comments.. ;)

4:39 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

You're not alone...I too have many useless facts in my noggin.

I guess some of them may eventually come in handy if we're ever contestants on "Jeopardy"...:)

4:07 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

MAJESTAD...
You are right!!... I had completely forgot about Jeopardy (not that known here in Spain really)... Maybe all this useless data is meant for something after all... Life ways can be strange and unpredictable!!! ;)

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home