TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

For continuity sake...

Sorry guys... My internet connection at home sucks and my boss has put way too much work on my desk as to keep a healthy blogging life... However, I will not give up... Just a speedy entry to reflect on an enigma a friend I run into the other day pointed out to me:
Why do we always end up loosing one sock and having a mountain of lonely socks in our drawers????
Suggested theories:

1) A black hole inside our washing machines.
2) Socks are the most independant piece of our clothes. They just jump out of the drawer and hit the road.

Stupid as it may sound, I'm about to believe both of them make more sense than the fact of socks disappearing one after another without the slightest hint of a rational explanation...

Brainstorming accepted.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I believe the "black hole" theory...because if the socks were to actually hit the road around our house, no doubt my two dogs in the backyard would have complete sets of socks right now.

This is why I only buy white socks (I have to wear heels to work so it's nylons at work). I am a jeans and t-shirt kinda Queen on the weekends though and, since I only have white socks, it doesn't matter if I lose one...I'll probably have another lonely sock in the drawer to match it.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

MAJESTAD, I follow the same socks strategy, but with black as the chosen color for easyLife solutions...
About socks hitting the road, I would check the doggies'house in the backyard... There might be a world of surprises hidden there... (Also, we must consider ability displayed by socks in disappearing as a serious proof of enough intelligence as to avoid encounters with canine guardians)...
By opposition to ties, I would also keep the "hit the road" theory. Why? Because ties come to our life as single units, but they hardly ever show signs of desiring independence as much as socks do.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Amrita said...

Interesting, that was one unique post, never heard about socks like that before this. Some superstition connected to it or something?

11:08 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

Amrita,
No superstition connected to all of this...
Just basic daily life mysteries... Probably not as astounding as deciphering the meaning of the universe, but just as tricky.

5:27 AM  
Blogger An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

yes.. the black hole thoery works for me too.. and Queen, Good plan :)
xxxx

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home