TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Friday, March 04, 2005

Blogging resolutions...

Funny how this bloggings affects the mind. You keep reading other people's thoughts and the ideas on your head seem to flow endlessly, more or less helping you to aim at those things you have in target and those goals you must still meet...
Just finished reading the papers and the world is in its usual wreck, so I'll better keep my concentration on those things o' mine... (Just for the record I'll express here my deep disappointment about legal resolutions in Argelia and Pakistan that keep crushing on basic women's rights; in the arab country the amendment that would allow women to choose a husband without the permission of a male family tutor has been banned from the revision of the legal code, while in the asian nation a law that would punish males accused of killing women who broke "traditional honor rules" has simply been rejected.... I don't know about you, but I find it devastating!)...
Going back to what I said above, reading on so many blogs has led me to assume that I must try to set a way of developing my currents needs and interests... That's the reason for the "blogging resolution" heading...
OK, I'll be a bit less selfish than usual, and I'll share a bit of my personal life with you... After years of living in Barcelona, I find myself sort of trapped walking through the same streets and I'm planning of moving to Berlin... No big deal, you might say (and maybe I wouldn't even disagree)... But what's the big challenge: First: I have got to save some money. Second: I'll have to look for a job there. And third, and probably the master key for all this subject, my german reaches as far as Wilkommen, Bundestag and Zwei coffe bitte? (Welcome, Parliament, and Two coffes, plis?)...
Now you can see what it's the big challenge...
I'm thinking also of undusting my french, because it may open a few doors outland in the tourist working fields (guides, hotels, that kind of stuff)...
This will take some time, I'm sure...
I will be posting updates on this as my german improves... (at least I got myself a CD Rom course to hit the basics)...

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Thanks for stopping by my lair...I enjoy reading other bloggers comments.

You said moving to Berlin is no big deal??? I think it's a big deal...a big adventure! To give up everything you know and are familiar with and just take off and start anew??? That's awesome.

I know very, very little German (despite having German grandparents) but I'm actually trying to learn Spanish...my niece married a guy from El Salvador and just about every Sunday we all get together for lunch and he teaches me a few new words.

Nice blog you have...sorry I rambled on...:)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

Thanks for the visit, SEĂ‘ORITA... Any doubts you have with your spanish (or if you need a good surprise sentence for those sunday lunchs), just let me know...
POR AQUÍ ESTARÉ... (I'll be around)...
:)

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home