TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Those crazy days gone by...

Reading on The Peanuts Queen's post yesterday about how blogging relates to remembering, an old memory came to my mind and I thought I would share it with you, considering it's somehow related to the fight I told you on sunday and could be even educational, if you havent got yet that much expertise on love relations and its curious struggles...
Let's go back in time over a decade....
My girl and I have just decided to moved together to flat and we are facing the final year of university. We are both working and studying at the same time. We are also preparing our thesis and we have also in mind to save as much money as possible so that, when graduation time comes and all university stuff is dealt with, we can buy a couple of plane tickets and leave our country as soon as possible (all just for the sake of curiousity and to see "some" world)...


Goals and ideas are fine, but the task proves very demanding (though we would manage to make it through) and the pressure and stress star growing and flooding our personal lifes... We had been going out for almost a year and, of course, one day everything around us just amounted to too much and hell exploded...

When we try to recall that day, we can't even remember what was the point that ignited the whole fire... But there's no way we are ever going to forget all that came after...

Shouts and recriminations were the beginning. Then my girl got a bit "effusive" and started throwing some cups and plates and any other piece of unlucky ornament that happened to be in the flat... It was very tense, as you can imagine... But we had had a couple of similar experiences before, so I didn't give that much importante to all that impressive display of rage and violence, considering myself that kind of guy who never loses his temper (and truly that was the last time I did) and thinking that I was going to be able to deal with the situation, no matter how hard... I could not imagine, however, what my girlfriend had in store for me...

Suddenly, she went into our bedroom and came out with a box full of tapes under her arm and a hammer on the opposite hand... Tools and music are the sort of things I always have wherever I live and in this given situation the tapes corresponded to an incredible CD collection from a friend I had spent weeks copying (over a decade ago a lot people still copied CD to tapes, even if that now seems hard to imagine)... Going back to the story, my girl sat in front of me, stared at me with eyes on fire, pulled out one of the tapes in the box and said: "The Doors... mmmm? You like it, no?" And faster than a lighting she smashed it with the hammer she held on the other hand... I was very impressed, but I kept cool... The she decided to repeat the operation with every single tape, calling out the name of the singer/band and the proceeding to smash it... I was still trying to keep cool, but by the middle of this wicked ceremony (after having lost over thirty albums...) I couldn't take it anymore... And I EXPLODED...

"Soooo, THAT's what you want?", I said. "You wanna wreck the whole place apart?... OK, LET's DO IT!!!!"... Then I stood up to the corner where I had my electric guitar and started a bashing performance that no metal-header musician would have had anything to envy to... Chairs, a glass table, pictures on the wall, batting out the tapes my girlfriend was starting to throw at me... A situation completeley out of control until I threw my guitar to the ceiling and happened to break a clay bell that she loved (and which I didn't really mean to hit and to this day I still regret breaking)...

After that I don't know how, she managed to grab me, push me and kick my ass out of the flat, crying out loud, of course, that she didn't want to see me ever, ever again... And that's how I managed to find myself in the corridor of the building (it was an enormous, classic construction), boiling in rage and thinking "all right, I don't wanna see you anymore, either"...

And I started heading for the distant elevator which was on the other side of the building, when, unexpectedly I broke down...

I felt horrible... I didn't know who was right or wrong, but I just felt like my life had completely fucked up... I guess, I discovered I was in love... And I felt the urge to just go back and embrace my girl in my arms... Something, of course, I knew it was not going to be easy at all, unless I came back with something more than an apology or a few kind words...

So I worked out a surprise comeback...

A few minutes later I knocked on my girls door, knowing she would check through the peep hole, before opening the door... She saw my face through the hole and, as you can imagine, she just told me to go to hell and if possible get lost there forever...

We were discussing about five minutes until she finally agreed to open the door and allow me to pick up a couple of things I said I couldn' leave without... So she unlocked the door, pulled it back and there I was:

Completely naked, except for a necktie, standing in the corridor.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry"- I said.

She couldn't believe what she saw...
After a couple of seconds, she reacted and pushed me inside, worried that any of our neighbors (with all the noise we had made) would be peeping through the door to take a good look at all my naked being...

The surprise comeback worked out perfectly...

Intimate details of what happened later that evening, I keep in private to this day...

;)

8 Comments:

Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

A great story. I may try that if I ever get a girlfriend and a peephole.

6:23 AM  
Blogger An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

Great story :)
Guess you never got bored in that relationship..heh
xxxxxx

10:02 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That was an amazing story! And how creative of you with your surprise comeback...not too many guys would've thought of that (or had the guts to carry it out!)

Your story has given me a seed of an idea for my blog today.

Thanks...:)

2:59 PM  
Blogger dbdoberman said...

it would've been cool if she would have finally opened the door, you nekkid, with a neighbor chick giving ya a BJ. Now that would have been a statement!

Nah, glad you worked it out. Somebody has to be good at relationships, and it ain't me!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

happyandblue2...
Do try this when that girlfriend arrives... I bet you won't regret the results.

tiffany...
Just like you say a "beautiful story in a really ugly and real way"... Then again, nobody said love would be easy...

extraordinary woman...
I could say almost anything about my relation, but boring,.. definitely NO, NO. ;)

Majestad...
Thanks for the inspiration you provided... And I'm glad you felt inspired back... About the story, I can tell you I did learn what "surprise" means for a girl from that day on...

dbdoberman...
Thanks for stopping by... I don't know if your description would have helped much to my relation, but it would have been far more impressive - that's for sure.
Hope relations work out better for you someday.. ;)

2:12 AM  
Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

wow!! f'n awesome story =) =)

2:27 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

SunGrooveTheory...
Thanks for the visit...
I will try to check on how you deal with that upcoming blog-marathon you talk about in your site...

4:24 AM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Fabulous story!...Crazy dramatic Latins!

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home