TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Monday, April 04, 2005

those daily mysteries

Hard day at work today... which sadly means (in my case) not much time for blogging... However I'll just post a quick entry, reflecting on one of those of things which always happen and only gods know why...

As I said above, I was quite busy all day... And what does this mean??? It means that for a strange reason this is the sort of day most of your friends choose to call you up and see what's going with your life... Plus the addition that this will also be the day your girlfriend (wife, couple, etc...) suffers this sudden urge to be constantly communicated with you to ask you even about the most insignificant stuff...

Of course, all this social interaction is not something to regret at all... But I work mainly face to the public and sometimes you just feel a bit weird when you have a bunch of people looking at you and you keep answering the phone to answer your mates (many of whom, also realize you are up to your neck with work, and decide it's just the perfect time to joke a bit and pull your leg for a little while)...

Now when a girlfriend call comes in, things can be sometimes harder... That might go from the "why are you being so cold to me (the "honey I got crowds of people here" message not getting across)" or that classic "c'mon, say you love me" thing that you cannot avoid responding and which, I must confess, will always make me blush in front of someone with a funny smirk on his/her face...

Now, don't get me wrong... I'm a extremely sociable guy and have this diplomatic touch that usually helps me to deal very well with these situations... And what really surprises me it's not the considerable amount of calls, but just the strange fact that this things will always take place on "work your ass out" days... Is it just me???

5 Comments:

Blogger An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

Loved this post :D
and no, it's not just you...hehe.. it does happen to us all - at least, it happens to me too anyway.
xxxxxxxxx

11:49 AM  
Blogger dbdoberman said...

MrG, I know exactly what you mean.
I always expect the personal phone caller to understand that when I have somebody sitting across from me, I am going to respond to them business-like, so they will know it is not a good time to chat. But do they? Nooooooo. I always get the "what are you talking about" reply.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh no...it's not just you!

It's like they know when you're ass deep in work....my mom is the WORST when it comes to talking on the phone with me. I love her to death but she'll go ON AND ON AND ON till I finally say "Mom, I gotta go...I am SO busy!" Then I feel like an ass because I cut our conversation short.

It's really a no win situation, don't you think??? No matter what you do, someone or something will be slighted...if not your work, than a relationship.

Damn.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Personal calls always come at the wrong time. I think people can sense someone else is busy and they want to be sure..

5:05 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

extraordinary woman..
Glad you liked the post... And even happier to see you back in action again... ;)

db..
My doubt... If the business-like voice doesn't work, do you think those who call just keep talking on purpose or is it that they've got a horrible sense of perception???...
Sometimes I'm not sure...

MAJESTAD
I had completely forgot about Mom Calls... You are right... They are...ummm... could SCARY be the word???

happyandblue2
Could be that people just worry if we are working way to much... ;)

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home