TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Hola a todos!!!!

If your spanish is worse than basic, let me just tell you this means HELLO EVERYBODY... Why do I post this... Well, a small, but annoying reason really...

I've been blog-surfing last night (my index finger numb of "next-blog" clicking) and I've come to realize than blogs written in spanish are scarce and, when you happen to run into one of them, they are usually just terrible...

OK, maybe I shouldn't complain that much, since I'm not writing this blog in spanish either. But spanish is one the five most widely spoken languages of the world and I believe that, one blogger less or more, the spanish blogging community should still be proportional to the amount of people who speak it daily. Maybe it was just bad luck. Maybe not. Still, the whole thing is a bit sad and dissapointing...

I guess could try writing this blog in spanish and just force you to learn the language (after all, knowing languages is cool and it's always good to improve one's personal education)... I'll see what I do... Until I decide anything,
HASTA LA VISTA (see you later)

*start checking prices for dictionaries, just in case*

7 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yikes! I'm not ready for a whole blog in Spanish yet...I still have so much more to learn!!!:)

Gotta call my nieces hubby (aka my spanish teacher) and tell him I'll be needing an emergency spanish lesson cram session sometime in the near future!)

2:52 PM  
Blogger dbdoberman said...

It would force me to learn more, and I need to. I have the essentials down, cerveza, banos, etc., but it would be nice to know more.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I'm confused with English as it is. Having to learn Spanish would put me over the edge.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Sorry, I have to toot my own horn here but I actually know what DB is talking about!!! Beer and bathrooms, right???

7:59 PM  
Blogger junebee said...

Maybe you could make short posts both in English and Spanish. That would really help us gringos over here :)

9:29 PM  
Blogger dbdoberman said...

MrG, goza café y ora que una rana no orinara en ello :)

I'm practicing!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

MAJESTAD

Don't get scared yet... I still have to make up my mind about this whole issue...
At least we know your teacher is doing a good job so far... DB meant exactly "beer" and " bathrooms"... A+ for you on this first language examination, "Reina"... ;)

db...
Good to see you've got the basics covered... And your second try it's not bad at all either: "Enjoy your coffe and I hope that a frog didn't pee on it", He, he, he... Good one, if that's what you really meant...
When too much "cerveza" is involved I would also recommend the following:
"Se que no soy una chica. Y que este es el baño de chicas. Pero es una emergencia. Y ahora, puede cerrar la puerta y dejarme vomitar, POR FAVOR"
Transl: "I know I'm not a girl. And that this is the ladies room. But this is an emergency. Now, could you close that door and let me puke, PLEASE".... Maybe a bit long, but always useful... ;)

happyandblue2...
oh, boy, it's not that I want to contribute in putting you over the edge... But what is life on this planet, if nothing else than a display of chaos and confusion so bizarrely arranged???


junebee...
Thanks for dropping by... That "short posts" idea is not bad at all... I'll think about it.

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home