TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Holy pollution

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Nothing new on the Vatican, except for the first clouds of black smoke, polluting a bit more the Roman skies and announcing yesterday's first voting disagreement of the conclave reunited for the election of a new Pope. I know a lot of people just don't give a damn about what's now taking place in the Vatican, but let me tell you that, even if I try no to turn my eyes that way, I cannot help being worried about what the outcome of this process will be. If what most analysts comment becomes true, the new leader of the church might stick to former Pope's conservative hard line and, maybe, even take it farther. I pray the God I don't believe in that this does not turn real. The Church, in my opinion has long lost its credibility as a pilestone for the search of common sense and understanding; and even more if we consider that what is done by the higher spheres of the institution, for the improvement of this world, is hardly proportional to its real economic potential and political power. Plenty of dogma there if you like it, but a return to truly christian principles would be something better appreciated and most beneficial to common street people. Sorry if a spoiled you a moment with my groaning, but I just had to get this off my head... Hope you have a good day!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I see it on the news but I don't go out of my way to see what's happening (although I probably should). It sure couldn't hurt me to be a bit more aware of current events happening around the world, you know?

I'm bad...I know....

3:17 PM  
Blogger elle said...

I agree about the dogma overkill. It kept me away from God for a long time. I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work. But I could be wrong.

5:03 PM  
Blogger dbdoberman said...

I don't like what I have read about the new Pope, but maybe he will surprise everybody. We can only hope.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

And my nightmares came true... I went to bed worried about the new Pope election, and I woke up later with the surprise that cardinal Ratzinger has been the chosen (this proves, however, that God shows no mercy at times)...

Majestad...
Sure it wouldn't hurt to be more aware of these issues, but living as you live in the US, a significant part of the blame can directly go to the international media coverage you've got over there. One of the countries I have lived in during my life is the US and I can tell you that, compared to others, the difference on this subject sometimes is astounding.

elle...
"But I could be wrong"... OF COURSE NOT... Not on this, at least... In my opinion, dogma is not healthy at all... But if forced to the extreme, its results are bound to be worse.

db...
Not much of what can be read about the new Pope is likely to make anyone smile - unless a convinced catholic believer. He's almost 80 years old and the toughest of the toughest guys when it comes to defend the hard line of the Church. Not much the profile of an innovator, if you ask me. "We can only hope"... Hope your wishes come true.

1:21 AM  
Blogger An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

someone said to me the other day "why would they pick an old pope who is already ill" meaning no disrespect to the new pope, but i think he's a rebound pope.. JPII was a pretty popular pope, who'd be hard to replace in the peoples hearts...
ah well.. im starting to ramble... i think im gonna get a coffee and re-charge my brain!
xxxxxxxxxxxx

11:48 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

V...
I think even EL DIABLO wouldn't scare me as much as this new Pope.
About nationality, I'm a chilean living in Spain.
Thanks for the visit.

extraordinary woman...
Not that I like the old man very much, but I must grant him the credit for working his ass off to get where he is right now. As a matter of fact, I believe it must be the first time that a set-up for continuity has been so solidly and succesfully established in anticipation to a Pope election... Well, I think I better follow your example and go get some coffee too (and let's see If I overcome this nasty mood this new pope has brought me too for once and all).

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home