TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

To bee or not to bee...



Otra historia de abejas... (y un título de post horrible, a propósito)
Another curious bee tale... (and a horrible post title, by the way)

La banda sonora de hoy es Blind Melon. Y esto se debe a un motivo sencillo, pero sugerente.

En mi post anterior,
Kiwi Merlina me dejó un comentario diciendo que esperaba a que, con la imagen del post, estuviera escuchando a los Blind Melon… Y yo, en aquel momento, no entendí muy bien por qué... La verdad es que todo lo que alguna vez tuve en mis manos de los Blind Melon fue grabado o adquirido de forma “dudosa”, así que la carátula del disco que encabeza este texto hacia ya a?os que había desaparecido de mi cabeza (si es que alguna vez estuvo en ella). Hasta aquí, sin embargo, nada nuevo…

Lo interesante vino al día después. En mis comentarios le había preguntado a Kiwi Merlina por la razón de sus palabras, pero creo que ella no volvió a pasar por mi blog aquel día, porque no obtuve respuesta... Sin embargo, el destino se encargaría de darme la respuesta… Exactamente un día después del comentario, estaba dando vueltas por las tiendas de discos de Barcelona y en eso que me meto en un conocido local de discos viejos y lo primero que veo (entre miles de cd’s!!!) es a la extra?a abejita de este primer disco de los Blind Melon…

Para mí, no sé si para ustedes, me pareció una coincidencia increíble. Yo, personalmente, siempre siento que hay cosas en mi vida diaria que me recuerdan a ustedes o algunas de las cosas que han escrito. Pero creo que esta vez la cosa fue más allá…

Hasta hace un par de días, los Blind Melon eran poco más que un recuerdo. Ahora, seguro que, gracias a Kiwi Merlina, nunca más me olvido de ellos.

Por supuesto, esta vez, si que compre el disco.



Today’s soundtrack is Blind Melon. And this is due to a simple, but suggestive reason.

In my previous post,
Kiwi Merlina left me a comment saying that she expected that, due to the pic of the post, I’d be listening to Blind Melon… and I, at that moment, didn’t really understand why... Truth is that any Blind Melon’s music I ever had in my hands was not “legally” acquired or recorded, so it had been a long time since the CD cover you see above had disappeared from my mind (if it was ever there, to begin with)… Up to this, however, there is nothing new…

The interesting part came a day after. In my comments, I had asked Kiwi Merlina for the reason of her words, but it seems she didn’t visit me again that day, because the doubt remained unanswered... But destiny, however, would grant me the answer… Exactly one day after the comment, I was browsing through Barcelona’s music stores when I happened to walk into a very popular old recordings store and the first thing I see (among thousand of CD’s!!!) is the strange little bee of this first work of Blind Melon…

To me, I’m not sure if to you, it looked like an incredible coincidence. I personally feel that there are always things in real life that remind me of you or what the things you write. But this time, I think things went a bit beyond…

A couple of days ago, Blind Melon was sort of like a distant memory. Now, thanks to Kiwi Merlina, I’m sure I’ll never forget them again.

This time, of course, I did buy the record.


(BTW, Kiwi Merlina is a wonderful writer who you better read now that she's blogging, 'cause I'm sure one day she'll be publishing and you'll have to pay to read her words... So now, go practice your Spanish and check out her blog afterwards... If you feel just like dropping and saying hello, you can always say "HOLA"!...)

4 Comments:

Blogger elle said...

You know, I don't believe in coincidences. There are messages everywhere, you just have to open your mind and heart and eyes and you'll receive them.
;)

8:04 PM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Completely unrelated, but I've been meaning to ask you (and thanks for the heads up about calling Cataln "funny", btw), now that you are a resident Spaniard, do you do the whole "Nethetheeto thapatos nuevos." thing, or do you stick to Spanish as you spoke it in your homeland?

12:15 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I love it when stuff like that happens! :)

3:09 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

Elle...
It sure does help to keep eyes and heart open if one wishes to enjoy life's magic little moments...

AnaMaría...
Laberíntica muchacha, peca de soberbia tranquila... De vez en cuando, eso tampoco le va tan mal al espíritu.
;)

Portuguesa Nova...
I stick to my homeland phonetics, so for me it would be a "Nesesito sapatos nuevos" kind of sound... Intonation, however, is a blend between my original chilean accent and the spanish one (otherwise, probably people would not understand much of what I said)... BTW, I'm good with accents, so there should be no problem with my impersonation of the priest in your future movie... ;)

Majestad...
I do too! It brightens up my whole day! :)

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home