TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

No comment...

I'm long overdue for a post about my holidays (which I've been writing on the scarce spare time I've had these last weeks), but last two days events have changed my mood deeply.

Saturday night:
I got mugged. Lost a back-bag with nothing but a book and useless papers inside, but was left with a few bruises and an aching body instead (not severe, but still extremely irritating).

Monday morning:
Got a call for an interview about a job. I arranged to meet the same morning (with light bruises on my face) and, believe it or not, everything went swell. I've been offered a much better deal than the place I'm currently working at, but THEY NEED AN ANSWER RIGHT AWAY and they want me to start in 2/3 weeks at most... This means tomorrow morning I'll have to have a very unpleasant talk with my boss... It's vacation's season and my departure, in case it happens, will fall like a bomb among people I've really enjoy working with... I just hate these close-timing situations and short notice decisions!!

Monday night.
I'm taking a walk trying to clear my thoughts and suddenly a motorbyke runs over a small little dog right in front of my eyes. There is a vet clinic only 50 meters away, but the poor little thing doesn't even resist the few seconds it takes us to get him there. When the vet opens the door, the little guy is already stiff. The vet try to console us saying the collapse must have been really quick (it doesn't help the shock, but I guess it's true)


Right now I feel like shit.

9 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

I'm sorry to hear about you getting Mugged. I have had the displeassure. To bad about the little dog. I friend of mine just recently had that happen when her dog jumped out of her arms and a car ran over it.
Great about the job and sometimes things happen that way as your week has shown you.
You can't pass up an opertunity whan it comes your way.
Funny how life balances out with greif and happyness.
Have a nice day and welcome back :D

3:37 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Sorry to hear that, man. You're the second blogger to get mugged in a month, from my count.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh my God, Mrgonsings....that's horrible!!! I'm so sorry to hear about you getting mugged and that poor little dog!

Thank goodness you weren't hurt any worse than a few bruises!!! And I probably would've burst into tears over the dog....at least you tried to help the little guy out.

About the job...that'd be a tough call. I guess you just do what you have to do, you know?

Take care!

5:33 PM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Lo siento muitissimo.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Anu said...

All bad things in a row..:(..Feels real sad to hear about the dog..
But all bad things must pass! Oh did I tell you, I am happy to see you back at blogging! :)

7:18 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

i am happy to see you back, but so sad to hear what you've written. at least you are ok, but it seems the past few days have been quite emotional and i wouldn't blame you for going on another holiday!

hang in there.

4:16 PM  
Blogger TTTTT said...

que pena, pobre animal. Al parecer tenemos la misma suerte en el trabajo o estudios en mi caso. Sigue tu también escribiendo, siempre hace bien.
Me encantó la foto del gato, preciosa.

5:28 PM  
Blogger elle said...

Yikes. Sorry you got mugged, but I'm relieved you weren't seriously hurt. I hate leaving jobs and starting new ones, but a better deal is, well...a better deal, right?? Poor little dog. I saw a police car hit a little kitten once. I pulled over and took him to the vet. He lived, and I had him for 14 years! He just passed away.

Aren't you glad you returned from vacation for a great big dose of life??
Yuck.

;)

6:08 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

Ladies and gentlemen!

Thanks a lot for your comments and your welcome thoughts. Things look better over the days. I'll try to visit each and every one of you, as soon as I get a chance. I've missed you lots!!!

Kiwi Merlina: Gracias por pasarte de visita (y me alegro que te gustara el gato)... Seguro que ya hablaremos... If you don't mind, ?Te puedo agregar a mi lista de blogs? Dime algo. Un gusto en conocerte!. ;)

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home