TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Summer prelude...

So here I was the other day, having a drink with my girl at Plaza Real...

The place was full of people and the evening was just beginning... So I started thinking and said to my girl: "OK, fine, I know this place is lively and hip late at night, but what the hell is all this people doing here now and where the hell do they all come from???"...

Summer night at Plaza Real...

You may say what's to worry about and there isn't really anything to worry about... Plaza Real is a cool place to hang around and if you are ever in Barcelona I certainly recommend you have a few beers here... You've got plenty of bars and restaurants, a young and happy athmosphere from all the guys staying at the budget hostals located in the square, one of the best jazz clubs in town and a couple of dancing clubs where you can prolong your night frenzy... Of course, you've also got a lot of beggars, small hash dealers, pickpocketers, drunk guys and street musicians/jugglers/artists all out to work and get some tourists' money... (ocasionally you see some police officers too, but they just walk around, letting the breeze come into their lungs and not doing much else really)...

The thing is, as I was originally saying, it was probably no even 6 pm, in the middle of the week on a working day, and the place was CROWDED. Aside from that, most of the people enjoying the moments seemed to be locals and not the herds of tourists that bring Barcelona to a boil once the summer season opens. Put all of this together and then you won't be that surprised over the fact the I was seriously wondering who was really working at that moment in the city, if everyone seemed to be on the streets, their faces all happily looking to the sun, and having a great time... My girl, wiser than I, as girls usually are in relation to their men, just said to me: "It's the summer mood. It's already here"... And yes, I realized it was true... The heat, the humidity and the sun are already here... So, no wonder people just want to skip their duties and go out to enjoy the city...

A bit later I got even happier at the idea that summer is finally approaching... May has been an exhausting month for me in terms of work and I really need a few days to pick my batteries... The marriage of two friends and the birthdays of four others has also left my pockets empty, but my stomach full with enough food and alcohol as to avoid starvation at least for a couple of weeks, even if I didn't had anything to eat in the time being...
There is chance I can take a few days of vacation pretty soon...
I'll start checking the web for some cool destinations I can afford with a very limited budget...

Enjoy the weekend everybody!
:)
A bit la

7 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

It looks like a very nice place and it wouldn't really be PLaza Real without the beggars, small hash dealers, pickpocketers, drunk guys and the street musicians, jugglers ,artists would it.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ah a vacation! I'm trying to plan the very same thing...hopefully you'll have more luck that I have had! :)

That place looks lovely...if I ever get to Barcelona, I will definitley pay it a visit! :)

Glad to see you posting again! Sounds like you were one busy guy! :)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Nice pictures. Do you make much money with the pickpocketing thing in the summer..

5:46 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

i would love to visit there! How nice. I love the summer. Perhaps you should visit the summer in Baltimore? Haha! I don't recommend that, too humid and smoggy!

7:42 PM  
Blogger elle said...

I love summer vacation. We are going to Arizona for a week. I here it's a very mystical place. I can use a little mystisism about now. Frankly, a few beers anywhere is paradise for me.
;)

You could always come to Jersey.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

Walker...
Sure "diversity" is what makes this place such an attractive place.

MAJESTAD...
I hope we both get lucky with our vacations! WE DESERVE IT, DON'T WE!
;)

H&B2...
Not enough, man... Just not enough! Otherwise I wouldn't have to be looking for budget options for my holidays... I'll have to improve the speed of my hands. ;)

That Girl...
"humid and smoggy"... umm.. I can deal with that... I'll keep Baltimore in mind for a future ocasion.

Elle...
Enjoy Arizona!
And find that mysticism! (... even if it's canned or bottled... ha, ha, ha..)
;)

4:44 AM  
Blogger Anu said...

Mrgonsings, you have been tagged..Please visit my blog!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home