TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Dichotomies... and off we go!

off to see the tree...

OK, two faced, ying-yanged, good side of the force/dark side of the force (yes, I'm on Lucas payroll too), life pretty much goes like this...

1) I have just been offered an undefined contract in the place I'm working at, so this means...

A. It's good, because if they ever want to fire me, it's gonna take them a lot of thinking to come up with a good excuse... and a susbstantial amount of money to convince me if they want me to go without making a fuss about it.

B. I don't really care that much about this new contract, because I know I would love to move to another european city as soon as I get the chance to do it.

2) Due to the change on my new contract, they tell me I can take a two weeks vacation (correspondant to my previous contract) starting right now, asamatteroffact, if so I want it, so this means...

A. Great. You know I have been quite busy and I can certainly use some time off.

B. Ummm... F**K... My pockets are basically full of bread crumbs in this moment, so it's not like I'm gonna be able to get very far from here.

3) Also due to my new contract, they tell me that I can also take another two weeks break in July, which is part of the summer holidays I'm entitled to on my new arrangement, so this means...

A. Great again... So I'll be off for two weeks now, then I'll come back to work for a week or so by the end of the month, and then I'll have two more weeks to keep relaxing.

B. Ummm... F**K again... I'm not sure I'll have time to save enough money to hit Rome or Berlin with all these days off coming suddenly so soon... August would have been a lot better!.

4) One way or another, I'll end up having like a whole month vacation over the summer, so this means...

A. Not bad at all... Lots of people would kill to have all that free time in a city with the beach right there.

B. Unluckily I'm not one of those "lots of people". I hate CROWDED beaches!... so staying here to go water my feet on the shore is not much of an alternative.

5) Well, I'll have a lots of days off anyway, so this means...

A. I could spend endless time in the kitchen and try out a lot of recipes I've been keeping on my "waiting list".

B. My girlfriend is in one of her "I think we should loose some weight" moods, so it doesn't look like that's gonna be possible.

6) People who complain about all the free time they are gonna have really suck, so this means...

A. Yeah... True... I admit it... I suck, but....

B. Even if I suck, my blogging PC is my working PC, so all these days off mean that probably I'm not gonna be much around here and I'll miss you all and all your wonderful posts...

Mais, ces't la vie... as egyptians used to say.

I'll probably have more reading/commenting time than posting time... but I'll try to visit as much as possible...

Take care everyone!

I'll be back ASAP

:)

PS: For those wondering about the Koala pic... well... he's a cute guy, isn't he?... More than enough reason...

What are your favorites animals BTW????

7 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

Congrats on your new contract.

I am a cat person. Don't have to walk them and they eat less than a dog. The don't eat my shoes and the use their washroom not like a dog who thinks my shoe is something to piss in.
Have a nice week end.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yes, congrats on your new contract...I'd LOVE that kinda time off!!! (But I hate crowded beaches too...one of the main reasons I don't go to Daytona Beach is because it's ALWAYS crowded).

It'd be easier for me to name the animals I DON'T like...I love 'em all (but am very partial to dogs and horses). :)

6:33 PM  
Blogger elle said...

Men.
;)

8:10 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Way to go on the contract. Except for the current lack of money thing and the cooking thing it sounds great.
My favorite animal would have to be a dog..

3:00 AM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

LOL....you totally beat me to point #6, but congrats on the new contract, anyway...vacation laws outside of the US are painfully humane.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Amrita said...

hi Gonsings, so a "vacation" is the word. I am glad to know that ur new contract is so "vacation-friendly!" I wish it were the same in my case. But one appeal to be made..whatever u do, but in the spree of turning ur blogging computer to a working computer, u should not stop blogging. go ahead, have fun otherwise.

11:47 AM  
Blogger dbdoberman said...

MrG, congrats on getting to be a lazy bum, and I know you will have a great time doing something or nothing, whatever you feel up to. Enjoy your stress free break, and forget the diet for now.

Dogs are this man's best friend.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home