TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Back to work... and OFF to have more FUN!!!

when night turns into day...


Sant Joan's Night has arrived!


Yep, folks, that's the way it is. Tonight is Sant Joan's night, this meaning summer is officially here, kids start their holidays, the summer solstice brings the shorter night of the year, crowds of people will be hitting the streets once the sun sets today and no one is gonna be able to close their lids and get some sleep tonight (pretty heavy fireworks will be flying over the city all night long). As you can see from these pics from last year, the beach will be quite a lively place to stop by and catch a glimpse of this festivity's spirit... You can obviously guess there'll be herds of drunk guys and gals sleeping there tomorrow morning... Most probably, city authorities will just have to sweep them up and only god knows how the hell they are gonna be able to get back home...
The city of course, of course, has taken measures to face this night of happy souls wandering everywhere in such a crazy mood... For example:
- All subway lines and commuter's trains will be running until dusk, with a frequency of 10-20 minutes or so.
-Beach bars will be allowed to open until 5am.
-People celebrating have until 6am to sleep at the beach... And by 10am, a massive task force of garbage men should have the shores clean and ready for anyone wanting to dip their toes in the Meditarrenean.
- Live music shows will only be tolerated where officially scheduled (HA, HA, HA!!!!...)
- Bonfires will also only be tolerated where officially scheduled (Double HA, HA, HA!!!...)
- People are asked not to store firecrackers in their pockets (Triple HA, HA, HA!!!...)
- People are also asked to drink and celebrate in a responsible manner (any comments needed???)

1 thousand tons of different fireworks have already been sold already to celebrate this night (start imagining the noise)...
A similar amount of Cava (catalan champagne) is also waiting in mostly everybody's house to start blowing their corks once the night gets here...
Once I finish work today, I'll be off to have a great time!!!
BTW, I'm back to work... (and therefore blogging)
For a week at least...
KISSES TO EVERYONE!!!!
HAPPY SANT JOAN!!!
I'll make a toast to all of you out there

:)

10 Comments:

Blogger thtgrl said...

WOW! What a blast! I wish I were there!

4:37 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I wish I were there too! And SO NICE to see you back and blogging again! You were missed...:)

4:27 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

HOLA SE?ORITAS!!!

I hope both of you can make it here someday to live a night like this one!!!

TG, I'll now go check what has your life been up to these past few days...

MAJESTAD, Thaks for the welcome... I've missed visiting your blog too... I had quite a few (some would say too many - not me of course)Captain Morgan snacks last night... I think you would have enjoyed that too! ;)

7:09 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

You BET I would've! ;)

7:24 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

mr.g! you posted this at 7:32.

weird!!!

9:15 PM  
Blogger elle said...

Okay, get my room ready, I'm moving in. First festivals for lovers exchanging books and roses, now this!! Do not be surprised if you see a mysterious (American) stranger wandering the streets asking all the gorgeous men, "Are you MrGonSings?" as they look at her as if she is mad.
"I'm Elle, from True Blue 4ever..Are you MrGonSings?....."
;)

9:23 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

MAJESTAD,
Rum is a drink for memorable ocassions, indeed... Or at least it makes you feel any moment could be memorable...
;)

TG,
732, ha! Incredible... WOW, that number certainly is mysterious... I think we'll have to do more research on it and see what else comes out...
BTW, haloscan is once again kicking me out of you comment's box... I'll try it again later and see if I can leave a few words there about the AA batteries.

Elle,
HOLA!!! :)
well, if you start asking all the gorgeous men you find on the street, I'm not sure if you'll find me, but you'll certainly have a very good chance of finding someone to spend a night to remember - summer heat can drive you crazy, you know (ha, ha, ha!)

10:09 PM  
Blogger An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

hope you had a fantastic time!!!
sounds sooo fun!
:D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2:25 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

i guess go for the blogger comments!

2:39 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

The pictures are great. Glad you are back.
Hope you survived the party..

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home