TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

100 detalles del Sr.G...

Sorry, sorry... I've had loads of work... and not much time for blogging....
I hope this post makes it up for this past week's lack of words,
:)

100 Detalles Sobre la Vida del Sr.G
(db... you are in charge of translations from now on, he, he...)


1. I was born in Santiago, Chile.

2. I grew up in an industrial neighbourhood (plenty of
factories and good moments, in my opinion, though most
people tend to think it must have been depressive as a Ken
Loach´s film)

3. I have two brothers. One a year older. The other 14 years younger.

4. I get pretty well with both of them, despite being all completely different (my older bro is the serious married type, my younger bro is the reflexive, sensible kind and I’m the sociable black sheep of the family).

5. When I was 14, my mom was sent to work to the US. I
finished high-school there and I have spent close to six-
years of my life living around the New York area, adding up
different times of my life.

6. I have been living in Barcelona for a bit over a
decade now.

7. While in Santiago and in The States, I used to go
everywhere in my bike. (Luckily in The States I always
lived in nice, little towns, but Santiago is a 5 million
people city, with a crazy traffic, and riding a bike there
was a hell of an adventure)

8. I spent all of my education (from primary school
until the end of the university years) drawing on my
notebooks, while absently minded paying attention to my
classes.

9. Most of my teachers thought I would pursue a career
in Art or as a cartoonist.

10. I love drawing, but I’ve never loved the idea of
making a career out of it.

11. Though I didn’t pay much attention at school, I was not a bad student.

12. I ended up studying for and becoming a journalist.

13. After a few years working as journalists, in
Chile, my girlfriend and I got a bit bored of living there
and decided it was about time to leave the country and see
the world.

14. We left everything we had there and bought a ticket
for New York. (I don’t think we’ll ever regret taking such a decision).

15. Our life would probably be way easier and more
financially stable if we packed our things and moved back
to South America.

16. Luckily, we can accept money is important, but it´s
not what moves our hearts.

17. In the next couple of years, we would love to move
to Berlin. Other possibilities: Marselle, Amsterdam, London
or Paris.

18. Personally, I would love to live in Istambul too.

19. The first job I took when I got to Spain was as a street salesman.

20. The most interesting job I’ve had in this last 10 years was as a store manager for an easyInternet shop located in the heart of Barcelona. (I met literally hundreds of people and most of the crooks and thieves from the downtown area)

21. Irrational as it might sound, I have enjoyed every single work experience in my life.

22. I currently work for a hotel chain and a cruise port side & shore services company.

23. I love working with MASSES of people.

24. I enjoy dealing with conflict.

25. The first girl I had a crush at was the prettiest girl of my class (I was 10 years old at that time).

26. Once I had to stay late in school waiting for my parents to come out of a Parents & Teachers meeting. She had to wait for her parents too. Suddenly she grabbed my hand and told me to go take a walk around the school. It was only a one evening thing, but I have never forgotten that wonderful moment.

27. My first wet dream was with a young Sofia Loren (boy, that was a blessing, really!!)

28. I begged for that dream to repeat several times, but with no success.

29. I have never had any dream twice, BTW.

30. It’s not often that I remember my dreams or that I have nightmares either.

31. I have killed my mother seven times in my dreams, though. Bizarre, isn’t it?. I love my mom and we have a great relation.

32. I don’t think I’ve ever killed my father or any other relative, anyway.

33. My first sexual experience was in a funeral services house (not on a coffin though).

34. After 31, 32 and 33 I guess saying I like horror movies doesn’t really sound that impressive.

35. As a kid, I used to think crickets were sort of like vampire bugs that would suck blood out of your neck (I spent many night sleepless because of that)

36. Needles to say I love vampire stories.

37. Sharing a few drinks on a stormy night in Barcelona, our flat lit only with candles, my girlfriend and I dressed all in black and the two only paintings hanging on the wall being Bersley’s Salome’s Beheading and a Vlad Tepes' impalements engraving, a friend visiting our next door neighbour thought WE WERE VAMPIRES and she left the city the next day! (unbelievable, but true).

38. Those two drawings are one my favourites, BTW.

39. I like painting in general, but dutch painters in particular.

40. Leonardo’s John The Baptist is also one of my favourites.

41. As a kid, I was the fattest kid of my class.

42. I was pretty much the same, until the end of my teenage years.
43. At seventeen I was a 5.9 feet high and 230 pounds metal header.

44. If I happened to be carrying a baseball bat, lots of times no one would dare to sit next to me in a bus.

45. All those times I was just carrying that baseball bat because I loved the game (I still do BTW).

46. I’ve never been much into fighting.

47. As a matter of fact, I believe mostly everything can be talked out.

48. I’m patient to an extreme that sometimes can irritate other people.

49. Believe or not, I don’t think I’ve lost my patience more than fives times in MY WHOLE life.

50. Still, I loved seeing the scared look in the eyes of people when they saw me sitting in the bus with my bat.

51. Though I was pretty fat all of my childhood and most of my teenage years, weight has never been a traumatizing thing for me.

52. I still love eating and I’m a great cook.

53. Despite I love trying out recipes, my favourite food is bread.

54. I love milk too.

55. My liver is probably iron coated. I can swallow a whole jar of mayo and I will hardly feel a bit “heavy” afterwards.

56. I can do some pretty heavy drinking too, but I don’t really care for it anymore.

57. My favourite alcohol drink is rhum, BTW.

58. My favourite soda Pepsi Light (I will also prefer normal Pepsi and Diet Coke, instead of a Coke)

59. I love banana flavored milkshakes with real banana and milk.(No ice-cream).

60. I love coffe. My favourite being a ristretto (a dark, thick double coffe charge that drips slowly into your cup).

61. When I say coffe, I mean “real coffe”. Not instant coffe or american type coffe pots (I don’t dislike them, but they simply are not the same).

62. I love teas too.

63. I like animals in general.

64. The first time I returned to Chile (after 7 years had passed) my dog recognized me straight away and the first thing he did was to lie on his back so that I could caress his tummy the way I had always done when we lived together.

65. I left home when I was 19 to go share a flat with my girlfriend (the lovely girl I still live with).

66. Now we have a cat and I love taking long naps with him resting over me.

67. Sometimes my girlfriend interrupts those naps, kicks the cat out of the room, locks the bedroom door and forces me to undress and perform sexual activities (you know how jealous girls can get, ha, ha, ha…)

68. I’m a mess when it comes to keep things tidy at home (the kitchen being the exception), but awfully organized when it comes to my workplace or work activities.

69. With years I’ve learned to appreciate all sort of music, but deep in my heart there will always be a special place for hard rock and heavy metal.

70. Iron Maiden is my favourite heavy band and I almost died in ectasy when I had the chance to see them live, here in Spain. (they never toured close to NY when I was in The States and the only concert they were ever going to have in Chile had to be cancelled because of political pressure of the right-wing and the catholic church)

71. I’m a Beatles nut too.

72. I would have loved to be a rock guitar player.

73. I can play some tunes with the guitar, but I’m FAR from a pro performing level.

74. I’m thinking of buying an electric guitar again, but my girlfriend knows nothing about it yet (keep your mouths shut, plissssss!!!)

75. When I was a 17 years old metal header beast, I once attended a Paco de Lucia concert in this chic elegant theatre, being the only one there with long hair, jeans jacket and not wearing a suit&tie. I had spent all my money to get a ticket right in the middle of the first row, so I got plenty of curious eyes looking my way. The concert was awesome. (Paco de Lucia is the top flamenco guitar player of the world BTW)

76. A bit older, but still a metal header looking beast, and air-hostess thought I was a band player (only God knows which one!!!) and she kept smiling to me and refilling my glass with various sorts of spirits throughout a whole flight.

77. If I had the money, I would have a collection of electric guitars and bicycles.

78. I hate buying clothes.

79. I love listening CD’s at stores, but I prefer to download music from the web.

80. I like to collect vinyl LP’s too.

81. If you promised to keep this one secret, I’ll confess to you I love Cher’s Do you believe in live after love.

82. Add this to the fact that one of the first tapes I bought as a kid was a Village People’s recording and the “gay” alarms might jump off (ha, ha, ha…)

83. Nope, I’m not gay (at least until now, he, he)… But I don’t think I would mind if I were… I believe relations can be anyway and not necessarily have to be built by two people of different sex.

84. I’m very, very open minded BTW.

85. And not a bit jealous.

86. If my girlfriend decided to have a sex affair with someone (man or woman, for all it matters), it’s not something I would hold against her.

87. I would be hurt though if she decided to hide this from me.

88. If she decided to give details, fine. If not, fine too. I hate sticking my nose into other people’s business.

89. I’m awfully reserved in terms of personal issues and a tomb when it comes to keep a secret.

90. Watching TV sitcoms I have learned several kitchen tricks, like:

91. Breaking an egg with a single hand,

92. Opening any tightly closed jar’s lid with four hits of the bottom part of a knife

93. Flipping pancakes with a single move of the pan.

94. Throw spaghettis to the wall to check if they are ready.

95. Spitting grapes and catching them back with my mouth (well, I’m not sure if this helps cooking at all, but it’s cool anyway).

96. I love All Stars sneakers.

97. I don’t believe in God.

98. I don’t believe in Elvis.

99. I don’t believe in Lennon.

100. I just believe in me. (HA, HA, HA)

13 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Love your list!!! You've been to SO many places...how great is that!

I'm a vampire aficionado myself...have been since..oh...about 7th grade. And rum IS a mighty fine drink, isn't it? I prefer mine straight (in a shot glass) with a chaser of Diet Coke.

I bet you have some VERY interesting stories from your travels...you have to blog about them sometime! :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Best 100 things I've ever read...infact the only one I've ever made it all the way through.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

MAJESTAD...

We, vampire lovers, rock! ha, ha, ha!!!
Just imagine a bunch of us, strolling down the streets of New Orleans, in a foggy humid nigth, a glass of aged rhum in one hand and a cigarrette in the other, searching for those cool blood-sucking souls... That'd be a dream, wouldn't it?... Hey!!, was this the vacation package you were looking into BTW??
;)

Portuguesa nova...
Wow! Muchas Gracias!.. I'm glad you liked this. A lot of them I wasn't sure if they'd be interesting at all... As a matter of fact, the moment I finished the list I started to remember a lot of stuff which I thought I could have written about instead... Thanks again, :)

5:09 AM  
Blogger elle said...

Love your list. We have some things in common, like loving heavy metal music and finding vampires intriguing. I wish I had your courage to explore the world. I've traveled a bit, but I would have loved to live in another country.

By the way, when you "kill" someone in your dreams, it usually means your relationship with them is evolving.

Fabulous.

5:48 AM  
Blogger elle said...

Love your list. We have some things in common, like loving heavy metal music and finding vampires intriguing. I wish I had your courage to explore the world. I've traveled a bit, but I would have loved to live in another country.

By the way, when you "kill" someone in your dreams, it usually means your relationship with them is evolving.

Fabulous.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

I like you list. You have gotted around a bit.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That is EXACTLY the vacation package I'm looking for!!! ;)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

ooh we have tons in common, heavy metal, vampires and i love THAT cher song too...

i can't flip pancakes though...

great list...

:0)

6:20 PM  
Blogger -lynn.wong- said...

oh my god...

that's bloody long. hmm...maybe i should do that one day.

when i actually have 100 things to think and write about. lol.

6:55 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

ah...I miss New Orleans already...

As a kid I had a friend from Santiago, Chile. His name was Guiermo but we called him Willye.

That just stuck with me, but I love your list! :)

10:00 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

Anybody knows why I'm not being able to post comments in any of your blogs which use haloscan for comments' support???
is haloscan sabotaging Barcelona???
is this happening only to me???
If you've got any clues, PLIS let me know... I hate not being able to leave a few comments on your great sites...

Elle...
Good to see we have some things in common... Thanks also for that info on dreams... It gave me a whole new perspective and sorts of adapt to the precise moment in life I had most of those dreams.

Walker...
Glad you like it... I still would like to move a little bit more around the world though.

Majestad...
I knew it... Ha, ha, he... Hope you can make that vacation! :)

Katya...
I read about you wanting to wear a leather costume if you were a vampire... Imagine moving your bones to the rythm of Cher in that sexy outfit... That would be something, wouldn't it?
;)

Lynn...
hey, how are you, girl? Hope you find the time to write this 100 things list... Let me know, OK?

Dotty...
Thanks for stopping by... I'll keep your advice(s)in mind (he, he...)

That Girl...
I'm sure you'll return to New Orleans for another great moment some day... ;)
I know some chilean Willyes in The States... It'd be an incredible coincidence if one of them happened to be the one you met as a kid.

V...
Que tal? Yeah, I'm sure Chile is different from Venezuela... But given the distances from one country to another in America in general (north, central or south, for all it matters) all countries there have enormous differences... Just the diversity of spanish accents would amaze you, I think... Chile, in particular, is probably the only country in South America with a "cold", not the slightlest hint of "tropycal" latino, spirit. We'are surrounded by a dry desert on the north, huge snowed mountains on the east, a fierce, cold ocean on the west, and ice camps on the way down south... We are probably the ones with the worst winters over there... and we have our share of earthquakes every decade or so... The wonderful natural sights and the great diversity of climates make it a beautiful place to visit though.
:)

5:49 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

My Willye passed away shortly after high school, but it is a common name i guess. i still have blogger comments next to haloscan. feel free to go there!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Amrita said...

God that was a revelation on yourself! its actually very sweet..with an exception of some parts (sorry being a typical indian women i am slightly conservative about the episodes between you and your girlfriend)..but nevertheless you couldhave written a novel on your life mentioning all these in detail!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home