TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Not feeling that lazy, but short of time...

Hello everyone!

Sorry I’ve been missing. It’s been only four days away from this site, but I do feel as if it were a lot longer.

Quick Update:
Had a few days off and I had planned to go to Rome, but trip got postponed for two reasons: Mrs. G had a bit of a work overload and I got a call last Friday to attend a job interview a couple of days ago, so our travel planning kind of messed up. Still, it’s not that bad. I think I can still gather a few days for Rome at the beginning of March and the job interview turned out to be an interesting proposal. It came from a cruise handling and port services company I’ve been working for on a part-time seasonal basis (aside from my full time job) on the last two years and now they got a full time position to offer me. Money is not a big difference really, but it is a very demanding, dynamic position that I’m sure I’d enjoy a lot and all the extra hours/days I got to make (cruise season it’s only six, seven months, but VERY, VERY intense) I would recover at a 1x1.8 rate (so, let’s say I worked 20 extra days per year, I’ recover 36!! –and not counting vacations yet). Most probably, I’d end up working seven months like a crazy dog, a couple of months at a normal rhythm (season opening and closing) and I’d have almost 3 months of free time adding up vacation and days to recover. What do you think? I’m probably giving them an answer by Friday, so I’m still on time for some feed-back.

Hope you are all doing great!



(Majestad: If you stop by, my whole family (dad, mom, bros, nephews, etc, etc…except me) are meeting in Disney next week. Could you contact your local Gods and make sure your royal county stay sunny and rainless for at least a week. ;) … I know you’ve got the power there lady! )

7 Comments:

Blogger bostezo said...

Be careful with the “crazy dog working months” I used to be so afraid of those responsible crazy working people, and now I’m afraid I am become one. My Latin blood resists but this freaking system wants to drive me crazy. I used to love being late, procrastinating, having fun while running all the time, but now I don’t like it that much. Wait a minute, this wasn’t about me, this was about you and your possible new job. You would make the best decision, changes are always challenging but most of the time gratifying. See you soon, Vero

7:35 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Anything for you, sweetie!

Consider it done!

Check this weather out for the beginning of next week!

Good luck with the (possible) new job! :)

4:13 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

The new job sounds like a great opportunity, but only you can decide what you want to do. Having so much time off would be great, if you're not totally exhausted from doing all the work first!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

Vero,
Do not worry! I always make sure I have fun no matter where I am, whether it's at work or during my own spare time.

Majestad,
Thank you very much for taking care of that weather! ;)
If you see a bunch of penguin looking fellows walking around your county, they could be my family ;) (he, he,he)

PBS
luckily I come with a built-in stress reliever, so I'm sure I can handle de intensity if I take the job.

AnaMaría,
Tuve unos dias libres y pensaba ir a Roma, pero no pude por que Mrs.G tenía mucho trabajo y a mí me llamaron para una entrevista de trabajo. Probablemente vaya a Roma a comienzos de marzo. La oferta de trabajo es de una empresa de gestión de cruceros con la que colaboró desde hace un par de a?os (a tiempo parcial) y ahora me ofrecen un puesto de horario completo. Por plata, no hay mucha diferencia con dónde estoy ahora, pero el trabajo me resulta bastante llamativo. Lo mejor sería que las horas/dias extras (que durante los seis meses de llegada de cruceros serán muchas) me las devolverían casi con el doble de tiempo y, a final de a?o, entre vacaciones y días a recuperar casi sumaría tres meses de tiempo libre y que, probablemente, podría tomar todos juntos. La respuesta probablemente la daré ma?ana, así que acepto feed-back acerca de sí tomo la oferta o me quedo dónde estoy. No he blogueado estos últimos días, porque no he tenido mucho tiempo para conectarme. Besos, ni?a!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I'll wear my tiara just for them! :)

3:47 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Except for the crazy busy part the job sounds great. Go for it..

6:43 PM  
Blogger JaG said...

Hope the weather stays fair!

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home