TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

My Private Weirdness...

I saw these 5 weird habits going around and I felt like sharing a bit of what I consider peculiar in myself. I've not been tagged and I'm not tagging anyone either, so this is for pure, free, non-abiding reading. If you wish...


1. I’m a bread addict. Yes, I cannot pass a day without digging my teeth on a delicious piece of freshly baked bread and, if I didn’t put a limit on myself, I could probably spend the whole day biting baguettes. I just love bread! And I love walking around the streets, while breaking little pieces of crunchy dough to bring into my mouth. Probably this comes from the fact I grew up in Chile (a country with one of the highest bread consumption ratio per head in the world) and luckily I now live in a city where traditional bakeries are every two blocks or so. But, I’m addict, so when I have no access to freshly baked bread, I’ll most probably end up with my teeth on a loaf of industrialized bread. Of course, when on vacation, tasting different bread types will always be one of the first things on my list.

2. I love sleeping on the floor. No mattress or anything else to cushion my delicate body. This, however, is not something I get to enjoy as much as I would like, as Mrs. G does not precisely share this trait of myself and she much rather we sleep together on a bed, especially on wintertime. On summer, though (Barcelona is horribly hot and humid at that time), you can often find me having sweet dreams on the floor, with my cat lying somewhere close around (and the same thing usually happens when Mrs. G goes away for a couple of days and we, the boys, are left home alone).

3. I’m a public toilets fan. You know how some people cannot pee or… well, you know what else… unless they are home, well, for me it’s just the other way around. Everywhere I go I feel strongly attracted to visit the toilet and discover the true nature of the human race in one of its most intimate places. I cannot say I’ve seen the most beautiful sights of the world this way, but it amuses me and I cannot go anywhere without feeling intrigued about what the toilet will be like.

4. This one could be a bit gross for a lot of readers, but maybe it won’t seem that gross after the public toilet thing. I always taste my cat’s food. Whenever I open a can or a package of dry food for the furry guy, I always try it first (and believe me, lots of times it tastes a lot better than you would expect). I suppose I just don’t want him to think that I feed him stuff that I wouldn’t eat myself. I believe in a very fraternal interaction with my cool cat and sometimes I even lick him. I also used to carry him around by the neck, hanging from my mouth, when he was a little kitty.

5. I don’t stress and I can count the times I’ve really lost my patience with the fingers of only one of my hands. You don’t think this is weird. Well, try it and let me know.

6 Comments:

Blogger JaG said...

OK, the cat food thing is too much for me. Although I must say that sometimes the stuff does smell quite nice when you open the can.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

believe me, JAG, you could spread some cat's food on crackers on a party and I'm sure lots of people wouldn't even notice it (much less if they've had a few happy drinks already).

12:12 AM  
Blogger elle said...

ew, on the catfood, and the public toilets. I actually have nightmares about them. I don't think I could confine my weirdness to only 5 items.

2:58 AM  
Blogger An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

catfood... ermm... not nice but livable... but lickiing the cat??... not something id like to try...lol

xxxxxxxxxxxx

2:06 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Well, I always smell the dog food for my dogs after I open the can so I don't think that's weird that you taste it. Sometimes, some of that food smells pretty good! (Guess it all depends on how hungry I am at the moment!) ;)

The toilet thing though...that's weird...;)

2:52 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

I've never tried cat food so really cannot give an opinion about its taste. Hadn't really thought about public toilets much but they would show an intimate part of whatever area they would be found. Your habits are kind of weird but seem to be more curiousity than anything else!

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home