TheRadicalReality

Truly a lot better than your worst thoughts.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Algunos dicen que estoy contigo, pero no es cierto.
Some say I’m with you, but it’s not real.
Es improbable.
It’s improbable.
Y faltaría a la verdad…
And it wouldn’t honor the truth...

Aunque tampoco podría decir que están mintiendo.
Though I couldn’t say they are lying either.


Es un buen día para olvidar…
It’s a good day to forget…
Incluso, si no hay nada digno de olvido.
Even, if there is nothing worth forgetting.

Es un día como cualquier otro…
It’s a day like any other…
Pero un día como cualquier otro, al fin y al cabo, es siempre un día distinto.
But a day like any other, one way or another, it’s always a day that it’s different.


Te recuerdo.
I remember you.
Y al recordarte, recuerdo de golpe cada momento.
And when I do, I remember at once every single moment.
Los tuyos. Los míos. Los nuestros.
Yours. Mine. Ours.

Y, evidentemente, (sobre todo) los que no nos pertenecieron.
And, evidently, (above them all) those that didn't belong us.


La nicotina raspa mi garganta, pero nunca duele.
Nicotine scrapes my throat, but it never hurts.
Compartimos el humo, compartimos la esencia...
We share the smoke, we share the essence…

Y no puedo evitar preguntarte…
And I can’t help asking you…
?Por qué el sabor del tabaco es tan diferente en la boca de cada mujer?
Why is the taste of tobacco so different in the lips of every woman?


Solo, con mi copa, me siento en la barra.
Alone, with my drink, I sit at the bar.
Y me acompa?an fantasmas que brindan felices, en cada taburete.
In the company of ghosts who raise their toasts happily, in each of the stools.
Por ti y por mí.
To you and me.
Por nosotros.
To us.
?Quién sabe por quien?
Who knows to whom?


Siempre es bueno tener amigos a tu lado con un par de copas...
It’s always good to have friends on your side with a couple of drinks…

Incluso, cuándo no existen...
Even, when they don’t exist…
O no son capaces de beber.
Or they are not able to drink.

12 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Huh?

You gonna make me whip out my spanish to english dictionary???

Alright, alright...this may take a while...:)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Okay, done.

That was very nice, MrGonSings.

I especially likes the following line:

"?Por qué el sabor del tabaco es tan diferente en la boca de cada mujer?"

I don't know why I like that line so much...but I do.

3:43 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

I know a little (VERY little) Spanish but could not make it out; something about quitting smoking! It sounds very poetic anyway!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

Majestad,

ha, ha.. I didn't mean for this post to be so much work, I'm sorry!
Truly, I was thinking of posting this once I had a translation ready, but I hit the "publish" buttom by mistake and I just decided to leave it there (I dunno why, but I hate withdrawing posts once they appear on the screen)

I just can't believe you took the time to sort this poem out... Indeed, you are amazing! - well, we all knew that, didn't we? ;)

That line is also my favorite in the text... maybe because it holds a great mystery in such an ordinary action.


PBS,
Translation will be posted, I swear. Thanks for the comment, anyway! :)

3:17 AM  
Blogger TTTTT said...

Huelo a ruptura

11:48 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

Hola Kiwi!
?Qué tal el veranito? :)

Rupturas hay de muchos tipos, pero en estas líneas no hay ninguna del tipo de la que creo que te imaginas...

Un gran placer volver a tenerla presente, se?orita. :)

4:32 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

Anamaría,
Alguna vez, escuché por ahí que existe una cierta concomitancia de las ideas que nos ayuda a entender mejor este mundo... ?quién sabe?... A lo mejor, es cierto.
Un beso grande, amiga!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Félix Escobedo said...

Gracias por la traducción simultánea. Sin quererlo has sido un aporte en mi aprendizaje del inglés.

Gracias por visitarme también. Te me le habías orvidao (es que acabo de leer un cartel de Málaga.. pa la risa).

6:12 AM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Bonito...y oscuro. (does that make sense?)

2:59 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

gato...
jaguaryu, minino patiperro? No te tenía "orvidao"... simplemente me ha "faltao" TIME.

portuguesa nova...
Tus palabras tienen sentido. Mucho, mucho sentido...

6:00 AM  
Blogger PBS said...

Wow, that WAS very poetic! Thanks for putting in the translation. Just knowing a couple of nouns doesn't help me much (to understand Spanish)!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

PBS,

glad you liked it!
:)

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home